Laura E. Scutt1,2
(16 December 1836 - 7 July 1886)
Laura E. Scutt was born on 16 Dec 1836 in New York.2 She married first Silas Adams Smith.2 She married second Jotham Sewall Viles, son of Alfred Viles and Thankful Norton, on 11 Nov 1879 in Vinton, Benton County, Iowa, Notice appeared in the Vinton Eagle on 19 November 1879.3,4 Laura E. died in Vinton, Benton County, Iowa, on 7 Jul 1886 at 49.2,4 She was buried in Evergreen Cemetery, Vinton, Benton County, Iowa.1,5
Last Edited=March 6, 2005
Children of Laura E. Scutt and Silas Adams Smith
- Frederick Dexter Smith (additional info suppressed)
- George Adams Smith (additional info suppressed)
Child of Laura E. Scutt and Jotham Sewall Viles
- Sewall C. Viles+ (Jul 1881 - )2
- Don Kearns, Don Kearns to DeAnna Burghart (email) (n.p.: n.pub., 8 Feb 2000).
- JoAnn Ayers, Re: Jotham S. Viles (n.p.: n.pub., 30 March 2002).
- Geraldine Dyson, compiler, Index of Marriage Notices Gleaned from the Vinton Eagle, January 10, 1855 through March 3, 1880 (n.p.: n.pub., 1974), microfilm no. 0987657, Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah,unpaginated.
- Donald Kearns, "The Merry (Marry) Wives of Jotham Sewall VILES," e-mail message from e-mail address (unknown address) to Viles Listserv (e-mail address), 31 August 2001. This email summarizes information received from his cousin Jack Kearns, "who has been researching our Viles' ancestry in great detail for a number of years."
- Unknown author, Elsie Matilda Viles Kearns to Archibald J. Kearns (n.p.: n.pub., 3 Sep 1915), p. 1.