Sarah Diana Frost
(14 August 1834 - 28 April 1879)
Sarah Diana Frost|b. 14 Aug 1834\nd. 28 Apr 1879|p791.htm|George Frost|b. 23 Mar 1791\nd. 28 Jun 1860|p792.htm|Abigail Tanner||p793.htm|||||||||||||
Sarah Diana Frost was born on 14 Aug 1834 in Rensselaerville, Albany County, New York.3,4,5,6 She lived in Wisconsin between 1860 and 1864 Elsie Viles Kearns said in a letter to her son, "... they both came west to Wisconsin where they became acquainted and where he [Jotham] took her to live when they were married. They lived there about 4 years...."5 She married Jotham Sewall Viles, son of Alfred Viles and Thankful Norton, on 9 Jun 1860 in Tipton, Benton County, Iowa.1,7,5,8,6 She and Jotham Sewall Viles lived in Vinton, Benton County, Iowa, circa Sep 1864.9 She was a member of the Methodist Church.10 Sarah Diana died in Vinton, Benton County, Iowa, on 28 Apr 1879 at 44 Notice appeared in the Vinton Eagle 7 May 1879.11,12,6
Last Edited=July 5, 2004
Children of Sarah Diana Frost and Jotham Sewall Viles
- Unknown author, LDS Ancestral File Record for Sarah Diana Frost (n.p.: n.pub., unknown publish date).
- Josephine C. Frost, The Frost Genealogy and Descendents of William Frost of Oyster Bay, New York (Brooklyn, NY: Frederick H. Hitchcock, 1912), p. 109.
- P. 99, family 721, dwelling 721, line 11. household, 1870 United States Census, Iowa, Benton County, unknown cd2. NARA. Unknown volume.
- Don Kearns, Don Kearns to DeAnna Burghart (email) (n.p.: n.pub., 8 Feb 2000).
- Unknown author, Elsie Matilda Viles Kearns to Archibald J. Kearns (n.p.: n.pub., 3 Sep 1915), p. 1.
- Donald Kearns, "The Merry (Marry) Wives of Jotham Sewall VILES," e-mail message from e-mail address (unknown address) to Viles Listserv (e-mail address), 31 August 2001. This email summarizes information received from his cousin Jack Kearns, "who has been researching our Viles' ancestry in great detail for a number of years."
- Letter, Don Kearns to unknown recipient, 8 Feb 2000, According to Don, "Within the year of his first wife's death Jotham married his second wife, Sarah Diana Frost, who was Elsie M. Viles and Ione Viles' mother." Don cites the marriage location as Tipton, Iowa..
- Josephine C. Frost, Frost Genealogy, p. 110.
- Letter, unknown author to unknown recipient, 3 Sep 1915, p. 1.
- Unknown author, Methodist-Episcopal Church Records, Garrison (IA) Circuit (n.p.: n.pub., 1865-1907), Class Records.
- Geraldine Dyson, compiler, Index of Death Notices Gleaned from the Vinton Eagle, January 10, 1855 through March 3, 1880 (n.p.: n.pub., 1974), microfilm no. 0987657, Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah,unpaginated.
- Josephine C. Frost, Frost Genealogy.