Clarissa A. Viles
(November 1849 - )
Clarissa A. Viles|b. Nov 1849|p785.htm|Jotham Sewall Viles|b. 8 Dec 1827\nd. 2 Nov 1890|p784.htm|Mary Ann Leach|b. 1829\nd. Nov 1859|p821.htm|Alfred Viles|b. 3 Apr 1797\nd. 6 Aug 1881|p820.htm|Thankful Norton|b. 1 Apr 1796\nd. 8 Jun 1868|p822.htm|William R. Leach|b. s 1810|p1073.htm|Hannah Sewell|b. 1807|p1074.htm|
Clarissa A. Viles was born in Nov 1849 in Wisconsin.3 She and Serena Maria Viles are apparently enumerated twice on the 1860 census of Walworth County, Wisconsin -- once with their father, and again with the George W. Leach family in nearby Delavan. Unfortunately the 1860 census does not list relationships; but given the name, it's likely that the girls were staying with a relative of their recently deceased mother.4 She may have been baptised in Nov 1866 in Eden, Benton County, Iowa, by O. D. Bowles. The record is for a C. Viles, adult.5 She married Augustus Taut in Sep 1867 in Vinton, Benton County, Iowa.6
Last Edited=December 30, 2006
- P. 50, family 432, dwelling 432, line 2. household, 1860 United States Census, Wisconsin, Walworth County, unknown cd2. Heritage Quest CD digital scan of NARA. Unknown volume.
- Unknown author, Assumptions by the researcher (n.p.: n.pub., unknown publish date).
- Samuel Viles household, 1850 United States Census, population schedule, Illinois, DeKalb County, Kingston, p.1 (stamped 317) dw 2, fam 3.. National Archives micropublication unknown volume, roll unknown roll.
- Geo W. Leach household, 1860, United States Census, Wisconsin, Walworth County.
- Unknown author, Methodist-Episcopal Church Records, Garrison (IA) Circuit (n.p.: n.pub., 1865-1907), Baptisms.
- Geraldine Dyson, compiler, Index of Marriage Notices Gleaned from the Vinton Eagle, January 10, 1855 through March 3, 1880 (n.p.: n.pub., 1974), microfilm no. 0987657, Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah,unpaginated.