Polly Ann Morford
(24 November 1826 - 29 December 1900)
Polly Ann Morford|b. 24 Nov 1826\nd. 29 Dec 1900|p640.htm|William Morford|b. 27 Jan 1799\nd. 2 Feb 1875|p546.htm|Phebe Robison|b. 10 Oct 1807\nd. 8 Mar 1882|p547.htm|John Morford|b. 18 May 1758\nd. 8 May 1840|p548.htm|Mary Cox|b. 31 Oct 1757\nd. 1862|p549.htm|John W. Robison|b. 1790\nd. 1840|p403.htm|Angelina Ripley|b. 1788|p402.htm|
- Appears on the following charts:
- Descendants of John Morford
Polly Ann Morford was born on 24 Nov 1826 in Mercer County, Pennsylvania.2,3,1 She married first David Sanford in 1847 in Indiana.2 She was a member of the "Christians church" in Malvern at the time of her death, which she reportedly joined about the time of her marriage.4 She married second Joseph Day in 1870.2 She lived in near Pacific City, Mills County, Iowa.5 Polly Ann died in Malvern, Mills County, Iowa, on 29 Dec 1900 at 74.2,6 She was buried in Malvern Cemetery, Malvern, Mills County, Iowa.5
Last Edited=December 31, 2006
- 1870 United States Census, Iowa, Monroe County, dwelling 131, house 121, page 18? lines 32-35. NARA. Unknown volume.
- Vicky Winfield, "Obituary (Polly Ann Morford Day)," e-mail message from e-mail address (9120 Oak Cliff Dr., Midwest City, OK 73130) to DeAnna Burghart, 6 Jun 2001. Transcription of article in The Leader, Malvern, Iowa, 3 Jan 1901, p. 2Hereinafter cited as Polly Ann Morford Day obituary.
- Polly Ann Day and Elizabeth Moss tombstone, Malvern Cemetery, Malvern, Mills County, Iowa; photographed by Vicky Winfield (9120 Oak Cliff Dr., Midwest City, OK 73130), 29 Apr 2001, While published obituaries indicate she was born in 1829, the grave marker clearly reads 1826. Polly's sister Elizabeth was born November 1828 and their brother Robison was born in March 1830, which makes an 1829 birth unlikely. Thus the earlier date is indicated..
- "Polly Ann Morford Day obituary," Vicky Winfield e-mail to DeAnna Burghart, 6 Jun 2001.
- Vicky Winfield, "no title (Polly Ann Morford Day death notice)," e-mail message from e-mail address (9120 Oak Cliff Dr., Midwest City, OK 73130) to DeAnna Burghart, 6 Jun 2001. Transcription of article in Glenwood Opinion, Glenwood, Iowa, 3 Jan 1901, page unknownHereinafter cited as Polly Ann Day death notice.
- Polly Ann Day and Elizabeth Moss tombstone, Malvern Cemetery, Malvern, Mills County, Iowa, Polly and her sister Elizabeth share a marker in the Malvern Cemetery.