Charles Wesley Lyon1
(1 January 1845 - 26 July 1903)
Charles Wesley Lyon|b. 1 Jan 1845\nd. 26 Jul 1903|p52.htm|William K. Lyon|b. 6 Jan 1820\nd. 11 Nov 1889|p54.htm|Charlotte Lawrence|b. c 1821\nd. 7 Feb 1921|p55.htm|Samuel Lyon|b. 6 May 1795\nd. 27 Jul 1884|p56.htm|Catherine Hamilton|b. 1799|p57.htm|Jriajah Lawrence|b. c 1795|p60.htm|Cynthia Jones|b. c 1798|p61.htm|
- Appears on the following charts:
- Descendants of William Lyon
Descendants of Joseph Viles
Descendents of Joseph Norton
Charles Wesley Lyon was born on 1 Jan 1845 in Stamford, Delaware County, New York.2,3 He married first Serena Maria Viles, daughter of Jotham Sewall Viles and Mary Ann Leach, on 31 Dec 1868 in Eden, Benton County, Iowa, by G.M. Hall.1,4,5 He and Serena Maria Viles were members of the Methodist Church.6 He was included in a group photo taken circa 1885. Pictured are Charles and Serena (on the ends) with Walter, Charlotte, Elsie, and Etta Belle between them. This is believed to be the only existing photo of Charlotte, who died a few years later at age 14. Charles was widowed by Serena's death in 1895 in Newman Grove, Madison County, Nebraska, Since Harry was apparently born in Newman Grove, and Charles is living there in 1900, designated "widowed", this researcher assumes that the family had been living in Newman Grove for some time, and that Sarena died there in the family home.1,7 He was carpenter and house mover on 5 Jun 1900 in Newman Grove, Madison County, Nebraska.7 He married second Sarah A. Loudon in 1901 in Bloomville, New York.1 He lived in 1903 NE. Charles Wesley died in Nebraska on 26 Jul 1903 at 58.8 He was buried in Nebraska.
Charles W. Lyon
Last Edited=July 20, 2008
Children of Charles Wesley Lyon and Serena Maria Viles
- Walter Sewell Lyon+ (Nov 1869 - 1948)
- Etta Belle Lyon+ (23 Nov 1872 - 28 Aug 1955)9,10
- Grace Altana Lyon (1874 - 1877)9
- Charlotte May Lyon (1878 - 1892)9
- Elsie Matilda Lyon+ (Feb 1884 - )9
- Harry Ross Lyon+ (Sep 1887 - a Aug 1955)9
- Hugh Viles Lyon (b 1894 - b 1900)9
- Myrtle Leotta Lyon+ (Jul 1894 - a Aug 1955)9
Child of Charles Wesley Lyon and Sarah A. Loudon
- Frances Lyon (1902 - )
- Unknown subject, 1 Jan 1948, researcher's files, Laguna Niguel, Orange County, California, p. 3.
- Unknown subject, 1 Jan 1948 researcher's files, p. 2, 3.
- Unknown author, United States Census (n.p.: n.pub., 1850), William K Lyon.
- Film M593, Rol 396, Sheet 30, Pg. 111 lines 39-40 household, 1870 United States Census, Iowa, Benton County, unknown cd2. NARA. Unknown volume.
- Unknown author, Methodist-Episcopal Church Records, Garrison (IA) Circuit (n.p.: n.pub., 1865-1907), Marriages.
- Unknown name of person unknown record type, Mission Viejo, CA LDS Family History Center, Mission Viejo, Orange County, California, Probationers' Record.
- E.D. 130, Sheet 4, Shill Creek Precinct, family 84, dwelling 84, line 12 household, 1900 United States Census, Nebraska, Madison County, unknown cd2. NARA. T623.
- Unknown subject, unknown repository, unknown repository address.
- Unknown subject, 1 Jan 1948 researcher's files, p. 4.
- Etta Belle Morford, Death Certificate 26606 (9 Sep 1955), Missouri State Archives, 600 W.Main St./P O Box 1747, Jefferson City, Missouri.