Myrtle Leotta Lyon
(July 1894 - after August 1955)
Myrtle Leotta Lyon|b. Jul 1894\nd. a Aug 1955|p220.htm|Charles Wesley Lyon|b. 1 Jan 1845\nd. 26 Jul 1903|p52.htm|Serena Maria Viles|b. 1851\nd. 1895|p782.htm|William K. Lyon|b. 6 Jan 1820\nd. 11 Nov 1889|p54.htm|Charlotte Lawrence|b. c 1821\nd. 7 Feb 1921|p55.htm|Jotham S. Viles|b. 8 Dec 1827\nd. 2 Nov 1890|p784.htm|Mary A. Leach|b. 1829\nd. Nov 1859|p821.htm|
- Appears on the following charts:
- Descendants of William Lyon
Descendants of Joseph Viles
Descendents of Joseph Norton
Myrtle Leotta Lyon was born in Jul 1894 in Newman Grove, Madison County, Nebraska.2,3,4 Following their mother's death, Etta and her husband took in Etta's infant sister Myrtle, who was 11 months older than her own newborn daughter Audrey. "Aunt Myrtle" and her niece and nephews grew up almost as siblings, though Etta never allowed Myrtle to call her "Mama."5 She was included in a group photo taken circa 1905. She and Audrey Fay Morford were homeschooled by Etta for several years. In 1909 or so (give or take a year), she sent the girls to Lamoni, Iowa to stay with her late husband's parents, Francis and Cordelia Morford, so they could attend school in Lamoni. In later years Audrey was very specific that she and Myrtle were in school together the year her mother sold the ranch and moved to Lamoni, but the 1910 census omits Myrtle from the family listing.6 She married Maynard Hack circa 1918.7 She and Maynard Hack had six children. Myrtle Leotta Lyon lived at Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska. Myrtle Leotta died in Moorcroft, Wyoming, after Aug 1955.8
Last Edited=December 31, 2006
Children of Myrtle Leotta Lyon and Maynard Hack
- Merrill A. Hack (additional info suppressed)9
- Dorothy M. Hack (additional info suppressed)9
- Donald E. Hack (additional info suppressed)9
- William H. Hack (additional info suppressed)9
- Janette Hack (additional info suppressed)
- Frances Hack (additional info suppressed)
- Unknown subject, 1 Jan 1948, researcher's files, Laguna Niguel, Orange County, California, p. 4.
- Unknown subject, unknown repository, unknown repository address.
- Bernard Edelman, Centenarians: The Story of the 20th Century by the Americans Who Lived It (New York: Farrar, Strass and Giroux, 1999), p. 3.
- E.D. 130, Sheet 4, Shill Creek Precinct, family 84, dwelling 84, line 12 household, 1900 United States Census, Nebraska, Madison County, unknown cd2. NARA. T623.
- Unknown author, Family Stories (n.p.: n.pub., unknown publish date).
- Bernard Edelman, Centenarians: The Story of the 20th Century, p. 127.
- Lists age at first marriage as 24, currently aged 34 household, 1930 United States Census, Wyoming, Crook County, ED 6-25, page 1A-B, Sheet 244-5, lines 45-51. Ancestry online digital scan of NARA. T626.
- Mrs. Etta Morford's Funeral Wednesday, Independence Examiner, Independence, Missouri, 25 August 1955, unknown.
- 1930, United States Census, Wyoming, Crook County.