(say 1857 - )
Eliza Gibson|b. s 1857|p1122.htm|Milo H. Gibson|b. c 1836\nd. c 1865|p544.htm|Cordelia Day|b. 11 Sep 1835\nd. 12 Sep 1912|p51.htm|||||||Cyrus Day|b. 5 May 1810\nd. b 1880|p563.htm|Harriett Cashow|b. 19 May 1814|p564.htm|
- Appears on the following charts:
- Descendants of Cyrus Day
Eliza Gibson married W.H. Jones.1 She was born say 1857.3 She was apparently sent to About the time of their father's death, Cordelia's five oldest daughters were sent to Soldiers' Orphans Home in Davenport, Iowa. The two youngest apparently remained with their mother, or at least with the family. It is unclear when or how the girls rejoined the family after Cordelia remarried, but it is certain they did so. in Davenport, Iowa with her sisters Emma T. Gibson, Harriet Gibson, Lucinda Gibson and Mary Gibson circa 1865 (listed as Eliza J Gibson). (memo segment missing).4 She was included in a group photo taken say 1905. She was living in Gordon, Sheridan County, Nebraska, on 26 Apr 1951.1
Last Edited=March 17, 2007
- Vicky Winfield, "C. H. Morford Rites Saturday," e-mail message from e-mail address (9120 Oak Cliff Dr., Midwest City, OK 73130) to DeAnna Burghart, 6 Jun 2001. Transcription of article in The Leader, Malvern, Iowa, 3 May 1951, p. 1Hereinafter cited as C. H. Morford Rites Saturday.
- "Death of Mrs. F.M. Morford," Transcription of article in The Malvern Leader, Malvern, Iowa, 19 Sep 1912, p. 3, e-mail message from Vicky Winfield to this researcher, 6 Jun 2001, While there is no direct mention of Eliza, the article indicates that 6 daughters were born to Cordelia and Milo, so he seems the probable father..
- Unknown author, Assumptions by the researcher (n.p.: n.pub., unknown publish date).
- Vicky Winfield, "What About This! (orphans home)," e-mail message from e-mail address (9120 Oak Cliff Dr., Midwest City, OK 73130) to DeAnna Burghart, 27 Feb 2000. Transcription of Gibson entries in Soldiers Orphans Home registry, from <http://searches.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/ifetch2?/u1/data/ia+index+109324668376+F>Hereinafter cited as Soldiers and Orphans Home list.