George W. Leach1
(10 May 1832 - after 1882)
George W. Leach|b. 10 May 1832\nd. a 1882|p1027.htm|William R. Leach|b. s 1810|p1073.htm|Hannah Sewell|b. 1807|p1074.htm|||||||||||||
George W. Leach was born on 10 May 1832 in St. Albans, Somerset County, Maine.1,3,2 He was opened up his own business as a wagonmaker and blacksmith, a trade he'd begun learning in 1848 before going West. In 1882 he operated two shops in Delavan. from 1848 to 1890 in Delavan, Walworth County, Wisconsin.4,5 He married Elizabeth G. Willis on 5 Jul 1852 in Delavan, Walworth County, Wisconsin.2 George W. died after 1882.1
Last Edited=December 31, 2006
- Sheet 145, dwelling 25, family 24, line 11 household, 1860 United States Census, Wisconsin, Walworth County, unknown cd2. Heritage Quest CD digital scan of NARA. Unknown volume.
- Unknown author, History of Walworth County Wisconsin ... (Chicago: Western Historical Company, 1882).
- Correspondence from John Stevenson of Walworth County Genealogical Society, referencing the 1882 Walworth County History by Clark.
- Unknown editor, History of Walworth County, p. 666, 708.
- Unknown author, United States Census (n.p.: n.pub., 1850), Hannah Leach.